Ackland Webb Accountants
We understand the importance of planning for retirement. This is not a process that happens in isolation but needs to be considered in conjunction with many other issues.
Helping you protect your future finances
We believe there are 3 distinct types of financial planning:
- Financial planning to maximise the performance of your existing assets
- Financial planning to ensure your family’s financial security and protection
- Financial planning for your retirement
If you’re a business owner, you could be planning to sell your company, or for the next generation to take over your family business. Whatever the situation, the first step is often to establish an action plan and timescale. Other parts of your financial planning might include reviewing your company structure (particularly if your company owns its own premises), pension planning, and planning for the tax-efficient extraction of surplus funds.
Whether you’re an individual or a business owner, your financial planning may cover:
- Life and critical illness protection
- Income protection
- Shareholder protection
- School and university fees
- Long-term care fees (i.e. nursing and residential care home fees)
- Private medical insurance
- Equity release schemes
Depending on the areas your financial planning covers, you may need support from regulated, qualified advisers in those specialist fields. If that’s the case, we’ll recommend the best advisers to assist you.
If you would like to discuss how we might assist you with financial planning, please contact us for a no-obligation initial meeting.