Ackland Webb Accountants
Cloud accounting is simply accounting software that is cloud-based rather than running on a desktop or laptop. There is little difference between the two ways of working – the fact that it is in the cloud does not really change what you do on a day to day basis.
Managing your accounts in the cloud
There are many benefits to using cloud-based software:
- The software is always up to date
- It’s usually paid for as a monthly subscription
- You don’t need a back-up routine
- There’s no practical limit to the number of users you can have
- Accountants can have direct access to the software
- It’s secure
- It’s easy to integrate with other products and software
- You can access it from anywhere
- It’s mobile-friendly
- It’s compatible with the Making Tax Digital (MTD) initiative
As a result, cloud-based software is now more popular than desktop applications. The majority of small businesses have chosen to switch to the cloud.
There are a wide range of cloud-based software services available to small businesses. The most well-known ones are Xero, QuickBooks, FreeAgent, Sage One and Zoho, but there are many others. Our own preference is Xero ( we are Xero certified partners) but it is important for you to choose the software that is right for you. We can (and will) support whatever software service you choose.
If you would like to discuss how we might assist you, please contact us for a no-obligation initial meeting.